Saturday, November 23, 2013

Worshipful Daniel J. Di Natale lectures at Enchanted Mountain Lodge No. 252 - November 19, 2013


The Lecture Opens
Wor. Di Natale and Wor. Backhaus, Master of Enchanted Mountains Lodge No. 252
Wor. Timothy Clemons, Master of master Craftmans Lodge No. 110 - P.H.A - Wor. Daniel J. Di Natale, Master of Harmonie Lodge No. 699 and Wor. John Backhaus, Master of Enchanted Lodge No. 252 


Dear Bothers,

It is an honor to have been invited to teach at Enchanted Mountain Lodge No. 252 in the beautiful Olean Masonic Temple. The Lodge welcomed well over 20 Brothers (five from Harmonie!) from across the state and our Brothers from Price Hall. The Worshipful Timothy Clemens , Master of Master Craftmans Lodge No. 110 P.H.A from right here in Buffalo, New York, was in attendance with his brethren. The Lodge held a special German feast in honor of Harmonie Lodge. The food was wonderful and special thanks need to be given to Worshipful Backhaus and his wife for their work in the kitchen. The Lodge's hospitality proves that no matter where you maybe a home can always be found in a Masonic Lodge.

The lecture was very well received. It is a very in-depth and lengthy lecture that covers ritual history, Masonic history, art history and methods of teaching. "The Form, Function and History of the Tracing Board” is my favorite lecture to give. I add a few new things each time I give the lecture. Each time I review my notes I find a few more details I want to expound upon. In the end thats what the Tracing Boards are for. They get us to think and to talk. It is the talking I feel that leads to the real learning, as learning is a social event. Each of us bring ideas and the boards brings those ideas and feelings out in a way that is different from other Masonic teaching systems.

It was a pleasure to have been able to do this and I look forward to my next trip down,
Worshipful Daniel J. Di Natale

No comments:

Post a Comment